It was a pretty crazy weekend with everything that was going on, I didn’t get much rest but I did manage to eat clean. Outside of the hectic weekend it was actually rather enjoyable. Saturday we had a teeball game and Sunday we had a birthday party but both turned out to be a great deal of fun. Sunday I lit up the BBQ and grilled everything from shish kabob’s (both chicken and steak) to a whole chicken broken down and hamburgers and hot dogs. Of course I ate the good stuff and by that I mean the shish kabobs, deep inside I wanted a hot dog with relish, ketchup and mustard but I was able to resist! The food turned out to be really good, my wife did an amazing job on the steak kabob’s. One of these days I will need to post the marinade that she did on them, it was all paleo friendly. After all was said and done I didn’t even eat cake so to me that was a successful outing 🙂 .
So a little bit about this recipe today, with the lack of cake in my life and random cravings for something sweet this will definitely do the trick. Anything with in the paleo guidelines that can be eaten as a treat in moderation I am ok with. So this brings me to these coconut squares. I love coconut so these are right up my ally, not to mention they are so easy to make but its a sweet treat that I can actually eat without breaking the guidelines I set for myself. I will need to ask my wife where she got this from but its a coconut delight for sure.
Sorry no picture today 🙁
- 3 eggs;
- 1 cup coconut milk;
- 1/3 cup coconut oil;
- 1/3 cup raw honey;
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract;
- 1/2 cup almond flour;
- 1 tbsp coconut flour;
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut;
- 1/4 tsp sea salt;
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Using a stand or a hand mixer, combine the eggs, coconut milk, coconut oil, honey and vanilla extract.
- Set your mixer to the lowest speed and slowly add the almond flour, followed by the coconut flour. Once mixed, add the shredded coconut. Continue mixing just until there is no clumping and the coconut mixture is consistent throughout.
- Pour the mixture into an 8×8 baking dish and cook for 30 minutes, or until golden around edges.
- Once through, remove from the oven and allow to completely cool. Cut into squares and keep them refrigerated until serving.