Yesterday I posted about my workout regiment that I have been doing or well that I started back up. Yesterday however was not leg day, nope it was my first day of cardio. The cardio routine surprisingly is very quick, yet effective. If you have done HIIT then you know what I am referring to. Essentially you can do the entire routine in under 25 minutes. Yep thats it. You can do this on any piece of cardio equipment that you feel comfortable with. For me I prefer the elliptical. So here is the routine in a nut shell.
- 2 Minute Warm Up
- 1.5 Minute at a good pace
- 30 Seconds full out
- Repeat Steps Two and Three 8 times
- 4 Minute Cool Down
Thats it, pretty simple.
Outside of that routine I have been working on some pretty interesting wordpress plugins that I will be publishing soon. I will make sure that when I do publish them they will be put in to the wordpress plugin area. I won’t release details about it right now just because its still brand new and in planning phase but specs are just about done and prototype will be in progress. Pretty much that sums up anything new that has been going on, on to the recipe!
This recipe is one of my favorites that I take with me to lunch and if you can’t tell that is my lunch dish in the picture lol. So this is inspired with some Lebanese spice (Sumac) that I enjoy on my food but can be omitted if you do not have access to it. My wife makes this dish for me about once a week for lunch, it fills the stomach and tastes great going down!
Sauteed Chicken with Cabbage and Onion
- 1 Chicken Breast (Skin on) Cubed or 1 Leg Quarter Cubed
- 1/2 White Onion
- 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 tsp Rosemary
- 1 Cup Shredded Cabbage
- Coconut Oil for the pan (You can use grass fed butter if you prefer)
- A good dash or two of Sumac (if you do not have access to this you can substitute Lemon Juice)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Put the Oil/Butter in the pan and let it heat up a bit
- While the pan is heating up add chicken, Salt and Pepper, Sumac, Rosemary to a bowl and mix
- Add chicken to the pan and cook
- Just as the chicken is about to finish add the cabbage, onion and garlic to pan
- Mix all ingredients together until the chicken is cooked
- Server, Eat and Enjoy
These were crazy good, the wife out did her self. As for the name of this I couldn’t come up with anything crazy creative lol so there it is Maggie is my wife and these are her crazy good all spice seasoned pork chops. Creative right? lol.
So lately I have been watching this new TV show which I hate to do since the chance of these shows getting cancelled is very high and I do not want to get in to a show and then have it cancelled if I like it. So the show I am referring to is Crisis. Its actually really good and is damn engaging. The character build up and development is great, the story behind it is creative and its highly entertaining and wants you wanting more. What else could you ask for in a TV show? So for those of you that don’t know what Crisis is, I do highly recommend that you watch it but in simple terms its a series of events that put the country in a “Crisis” and the question you have to answer is what would you do if it were your child or family member in trouble. I kind of treat this like a TV show based off the movie SAW but in this case it its taken to a higher national audience. So there you have it that is my brief write up on this TV show, I will continue to watch it as I enjoy it but if you all have any other recommendations please let me know.
So back to the recipe for today, I do not eat pork all that often as I prefer chicken or beef over it. However when I do eat it, I love the way my wife makes it. So technically she created this recipe but I like to think I helped her tweak it and make it perfect by eating it :). Great meal! Tasty Meal! Paleo Meal! my 3 checks.
On to the recipe now for Maggie’s Paleo Allspice Pork Chops
Maggie’s Paleo Allspice Pork Chops
- Pack of pork chops rinsed and patted dry
- 1/4 Teaspoon Allspice
- 2 Tablespoon Aminos (Soy Sauce alternative)
- 1 Clove Garlic minced
- 1/2 White Onion (Sliced)
- Drizzle of raw honey
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Put pork chops in a mixing bowl
- Add Allspice, Salt and Pepper, Aminos, Garlic
- Mix all spices together with the pork chops
- Heat pan and add a little bit of coconut oil to grease the pan
- Add pork chops to heated pan
- Cook on each side for about 5 mins
- After cooking on the second side add the onions to the pan
- Cook until Onions are translucent and the pork is cooked
- The later of those 2 is most important the pork needs to be cooked
- Remove pork and place it on a dish and drizzle a little bit of raw honey on top