Yep today is Thursday in my household which means one thing. My wife has taken over the TV with Grey’s Anatomy and Scandal. I actually don’t mind this though because both shows are actually pretty well written. Ok ok ok that and she tolerates my Game of Thrones infatuation lol, she actually really likes GoT as well.
So after the regular daily grind I hit the gym as planned and when I got home I made the kids some new ice cream. Its the same ice cream that I made here , the only exception is that I added some mini chocolate chips to it. My son has been begging me for sprinkles but I didn’t have any so this was the way I improvised.
Today I am going to talk more about this recipe because this is a staple in my diet. I will make one of these 1-2 times a month atleast and it feeds me breakfast all week long. To me this is a perfect blend of spicy and savory. My wife made this for me the first time and I was just simply addicted. This dish is absolutely incredible. I really hope you do try it and enjoy it as much as I do. I am not sure if the name is accurate or not but where we live its heavily hispanic and they call it a Spanish Tortilla, I added the word chorizo to signify that its sausage based.
Here is the recipe!
- 6 eggs, whisked
- 2 chorizo links take out of the case and crumbled
- 1 sweet potato, diced
- ½ white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic minces
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (whatever you want I use Franks Red Hot)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- Preheat your oven to 375
- Add sausage to a pan and cook (Crumble it down as it cooks)
- Once sausage is cooked remove it from the pan and place in the glass baking sheet
- Clean out the pan but leave a little bit of sausage grease in it
- Add sweet potato to the pan as the sweet potato cooks add the onion to the pan
- Add seasonings to the pan and mix with potatoes and onion
- While the potato and onion cook, Whisk eggs in a bowl and add hot sauce
- After the potatoes and onion are cooked down add them to the glass baking sheet
- Add the whisked eggs on top of the items in baking sheet make sure everything is covered
- Place baking dish in oven
- Cook for about 20 mins until the eggs are firm
- When you are ready to store let it cool to room temperature, cover with plastic wrap and store in fridge