So I am getting over the sickness I have no more fever just have the crackle voice and congestion going for me. My voice hasn’t cracked this much since I was 15 lol. Outside of that things are going well. My son has been actively engaged in Teeball and he has been doing really well. Today we had a game and he went 1 for 2 and got a double. Now when I say 1 or 2 let me be clear that the 1 is when he hit the ball that is pitched to him. Unlike most Teeball leagues our league give the hitter 3 chances to hit a ball that is pitched to them before they put them on the tee. That to me is priceless as he gets awesome hand eye coordination at a young age. So yea I am proud of my little guy for doing much better in each of his games this year he has atleast hit one pitch!
On other news so proud of my nephew he got his tested and passed his brown belt test in jujitsu. Proud of all the little guys in my life.
Today’s recipe is one I ate this morning that the wife made for me. It’s a sweet potato hash with an egg. I like my eggs over easy when I eat them with a hash so that’s how she made it for me. I would imagine that any egg any style would be good on this.
Enjoy it I loved it.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1" cubes
- 5 pieces of bacon
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 yellow green pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper,chopped
- 3 Tbsp. bacon fat or tallow (if needed)
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt (or more to taste)
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper (or more to taste)
- 1/8 tsp. paprika (or more to taste)
- 4 eggs
- Fill a saucepan about 2/3 full of water and bring to a boil.
- Add the sweet potatoes and lightly boil for about 8 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and allow to dry for a few minutes.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the bacon to the pan and cook until crispy.
- Set aside on a paper towel lined plate to dry.
- Keep the pan over medium-high heat and add the chopped onion and peppers to the bacon fat in the pan. Saute for about 3 minutes.
- Add the additional bacon fat or tallow to the pan (if needed). Add the drained sweet potatoes to the pan, making sure they are covering the bottom of the pan evenly in a flat layer. Allow the potatoes to cook (without stirring them) for about 5 minutes, or until potatoes start to brown. Increase the heat to high, stir the mixture and allow it to cook for another 3-5 minutes or until crispy.
- Crumble the bacon and add it to the pan
- Season with sea salt, ground black pepper and smoked paprika (to taste).
- Place the 1/4 sweet potato hash on a plate and top with an egg of your choice
- Enjoy it